Last updated: May 11, 2017
CoinDaddy does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
- Information You Provide to Us - We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your name, user name, email address, IP address, and browser information. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of our services, and we require users to submit identity verification documents to access certain features. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Information Collected Automatically :
- Whenever you interact with our Site, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
- We may collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website and we may collect information about your computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes.
- “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer's acceptance of cookies, but this may limit some of our Site's functionality.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Site. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Site, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- E-mail and Other Communications - We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Site. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- customize, measure, and improve our services.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information (in personally identifiable form) with third parties only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control - In certain situations, businesses we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Site (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses.
- Agents - We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Site, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
- User Profiles and Submissions - You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on the Website (“User Submissions”). We cannot control if other users you have allowed access to your User Submissions make such User Submissions publicly available and to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels.
- Business Transfers - We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of CoinDaddy and Others - We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CoinDaddy, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent - Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Username and password
- Email Address
The information you can view and update through your account may change as the Site changes.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in 'Access' section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.